Helo a chroeso i
Blog Rhuthun/Ruthin Blog

cyhoeddwyd gan Non Liquet, cydweithwyr a’u tîm

In with a Chance... if only I'd Entered

Someone, somewhere, must be taking note of this blog. 

Last year, we commented that there was 'Little Horsepower at the Flower'. At this year's flower show, yesterday, the number of cars had increased several-fold from the three-or-so last time.

The judges always looked the part. Bowlers were de rigueur for the assessors 

Other than that, the number of entrants in the other static categories remained low. Just like last year. I wonder whether this is a feature of all such country shows or just Rhuthun/Ruthin's.

Modern art. 'Small collection of three vegetables'. It got second prize. There were two entrants

Every year, with first prizes as high as £3, I think to myself that the numbers per category would be so low that I actually might just stand a chance. (The category in the photo above was one of many examples.) And every year inertia seizes me and I don't bother. 

It was interesting to see that Huw Hilditch Roberts was back in the saddle (though not literally). i.e. behind the microphone. 



Previous Post Next Post