Helo a chroeso i
Blog Rhuthun/Ruthin Blog

cyhoeddwyd gan Non Liquet, cydweithwyr a’u tîm

Change Rover

You never seem to get 50ps out of Tesco's automated shelf checkouts. Yesterday is a good example. In goes cash and out in change come two 20ps and two 5ps. So, I get four silver coins of shrapnel instead of one. Typical.

You get the impression Tesco just wants to make life easy for itself by palming off small coins for large.

I leave Tesco a little in disgust and just outside the car park I realise I am £5 light. The unpleasant thoughts I am having towards Tesco and its semi-attended customer-activated terminals mean I forget my fiver in my change. The note lingers expectantly, ever in waiting. Back I hurry but the £5 is nowhere to be seen. The semi-attendant can neither find it nor help, obviously. My bad. He wonders whether a small group of youths believe it's their lucky day. Back to Tesco never again I vow (and I wonder how long that may last).

Downcast, to home my way I make. I reach the same point as before when the light goes on. Using a tenner, my change for a purchase of £5.50 is £4.50. Alongside my silver, I count four round pounds. All present and correct. With relief I realise I am not £5 down after all.

I still feel unpleasant thoughts towards Tesco and its 50p policy.

But at least I have no copper to weigh me down. And am £5 better off than I thought. Sort of.

Previous Post Next Post