Helo a chroeso i
Blog Rhuthun/Ruthin Blog

cyhoeddwyd gan Non Liquet, cydweithwyr a’u tĂ®m

Awards—the Aftermath

What aftermath? I'd've thought coming runner up in the Community Blog section of the Wales Blog Awards might've raised the profile of this blog just a little. Especially as there was so little interest from blogs in the North. True, a number of people have called by having come from a link on the awards website. This is no doubt out of curiosity and I doubt that they will be back, unless they live in Rhuthun/Ruthin or have some association with it.

Still no TV camera crew camped outside or a Free Press or Daily Post journalist ringing me constantly. No one from Y Bedol begging me to get in touch. Ah, well. No film rights or Sunday newspaper serialisation contracts. Ha ha. Of course, the main blog and therefore media interest was always from the south : (

I learnt on Friday that as runner up I'd won a bottle of Champagne, care of the Community Blog section sponsors, the Societal Web. That's a rather nice consolation and I should like to thank them very much. I hope the sponsors don't mind but I've decided to donate it to someone who really deserves it. Someone who's something of an unsung hero, who's contributed to the town or villages nearby but rarely gets the recognition.

Has anyone any *serious* thoughts as to whom that might be?

A volunteer at the youth club? Jeff Brimble for the medieval spectacular? Someone from St John's for "duty" hours at special events? The flower show organiser? The produce market organiser? Gavin Harris, former mayor and responsible for a number of 2009 & 2010 initiatives including the Cerdyn Bro?

I did wonder whether it should go to David Garland Jones for services to Rhuthun. He is, after all, approaching 30,000 hits on You Tube for "You Ain't seen Ruthin Yet", six times his target…

30 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post